Wednesday, 7 June 2017

Canada :: The Adventure Begins


So here am I typing away to you from my room in England. It is the eve of my flight to Canada and I am... fidgeting. There isn't actually a better way of describing myself right now but a fidget. Whether i am scrolling Instagram and Facebook or packing/unpacking/repacking my suitcase for the 60th time my usual pre-flight fidgets have caught up to me.


Suitcase showing the slightly more experienced packer I have become and yet still not a light as I would like for it to be. Since I left for my Australia trip overburdened with a load of stuff I never wore, or just packed in case, my Canada bag looks a lot more practical. Neutral colours that can be intermixed with any other item packed. 3 pairs of shoes. The only 3 I know I will wear to death ready to go and then replace when they can no longer serve their purpose. Its the toiletries that always add the weight on for me - though the stash of Galaxy Minstrels and tea bags might also have something to do with it this time.

I'm all checked in, packed and ready. Pre-flight rituals slowly being ticket off, one by one. The only thing left to do is fidget. Waiting for that early wake up call to head to the airport and begin a new adventure. Its a different feeling again from when I said 'See You Later' to England and yet it doesn't quite hit the nostalgia and feeling I got when I left Australia.

So much has happened in the 7 months since I returned home, and while not all of it was good, it did make Britain a place to miss again. I'll have to pull my finger out and start to write about some of the adventures I have had instead of leaving them in the drafts pile. Procrastination is certainly my strong suit at times. So here it is. Me fidgeting and typing a post with no real thought as to where I was taking it. If you have read this far, well done please give yourself a pat on the back and a gold star. Now theres nothing to say except for Canada, I'm coming for you.

If you have travelled, or live, in Canada and think there is something I should not miss leave me a comment!


1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to reading about your Canada adventures! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...