Saturday 24 September 2016

Travel Style : Shoes To Keep You Walking - Trainers

"Good shoes take you good places". Personally I find this quote so true. Good shoes keep you comfortable and mean you can carry on walking, keep seeing that new sights, exploring, adventuring.  Everyone has a different perspective on what they want out of a shoe for travel but a simple staple is always going to be trainers.

Pick the right pair and they will be comfortable enough to walk miles round cities and up mountains and look great whether you are wearing jeans, dresses or sports leggings. For this reason I have always been a fan of Converse trainers - socks with soles - but the weight of them in a case can take up a fair bit of your allowance so I always wear them as my 'plane shoes'. More recently I treated myself to some Nike Juvenile trainers which are incredibly light and comfortable, they also pack down really well so if they are ever packed into my case, no problem.

For me to meet the criteria of a good pair of stylish walking shoes it has to meet two main requirements. First is comfort, this should always be your main priority as you need to walk long distances, climb mountains, hike to view points or just take in the sights of a city all day and the last thing you want is to get back to your accommodation at night with sore feet feeling unable to go again the next day.

Secondly I look for how wearable the style is. By this I mean how many different outfits can I wear the one pair with. I like to make sure they go with denim, dresses, skirts and shorts so no matter what I pack clothing wise there is at least 4 outfits I can wear them with. Below are a few of my suggestions for your next pair of travel trainers.
New Balance 420, Vans Classic Slip Trainer, Nike Juvenate, Converse All Star Low, Adidas Superstar, Keds Champion Lace Trainer.

Which are your go to trainers or sneakers for travelling? Tell me in the comments.

3 comments:

  1. So true - you can't beat a good pair of shoes! I too am a Converse fan - they are the most comfortable shoes that really do look good with everything. I especially love the leather styles, which make me feel a bit fancy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The leather styles are so cute. They would also do so much more for keeping your feet dry. This is the only downfall to my Nikes, being mesh they are incredibly light and small for travel but if it is rainy me feet get soaked.

      Delete
  2. Thanks, I'm planning a few more like this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...