Saturday 26 March 2016

Sydney - Hunter Valley

I'm not a wine connoisseur but doing a wine tour in Australia has been reasonably high on my list of things to do while I am still here and with my friend visiting for her birthday, and having a love of wine and cheese, I figured going on a tour for her birthday would be a nice treat for us both. Even if i did book it on the wrong day.

Our adventure was booked with colourful trips who picked us up from a CBD location and drove us to our vineyards for the tastings. The guide, Ronnie, was funny and bubbly and kept the group informed of what was happening and where we were going as well as a bit of local history on the way up. We attended three vineyards, Mcguigan estate, Wynwood Estate and Draytons Family Wines all varying in size and history, all with varying styles of wines and vintage.
Lunch was included on our tour held at Cyprus Lakes Resort and was really substantial in size, though this was probably a good thing with the amount of wines we were sampling during the day. At each venue we sampled 3-4 white wines and 2-4 reds, occasionally a sparkling wine was added into the mix. It was a really fun day and I would definitely consider doing another tour.

My friend and I came away with a few nice bottles to drink over the next few weeks and I even picked up some bubbles to celebrate my birthday with in a few weeks. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...