Monday 23 February 2015

SA - The End of 88

I can't actually believe that it has come round, it doesn't seem like 2 weeks ago since I can out to do my regional work and already I am at, and over, my 88 days. It quite nerve wracking to be leaving in a way because for the last three months I haven't had to worry about money for food, work or accommodation as it has all been on the farm ready for me and now I am back on the road and ready to face what life throws at me, or at least I hope I am.
I won't lie, after not doing my hair, wearing make up and doing my nails for months I am kind of excited to scrub up and dress up again instead of living in joggers and hoodies pulling out weeds and packing vegetables. I still have a tremendous amount of respect for Al and Brenda, how they go about living this life every day, every week all year I am not sure but they certainly have earned my respect. They have been so kind to me too, opening up their home and while the work was hard we had a good laugh. I would rrecommend them to Wwoofers and Helpx-ers alike wholeheartedly.

As I write this I am sat at the airport waiting to catch my flight for the next adventure, nervous anticipation creeping in and excitement bubbling through my veins. I have to hit the ground running in Melbourne as I have already lined up a job interview that takes place tomorrow first thing and my first trade test for a hair salon there, as well as a few fun nights out with the girls I started my farm work with. I can't wait to see them again and all the guys and girls I met my first week in Melbourne back in September last year.

Here's to the end of 88 and the start of the next great adventure, wherever it may lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...