Tuesday 17 February 2015

I'm Glad You Exist


So today I received word of bad news. A friend of mine whom I went to senior school with but lost contact with unfortunately passed away. It is a sad day when someone so young passes away but it is even sadder to think that with a little effort I could still have been speaking to her. 

I shared my thoughts on this to my Facebook, not to receive sympathy, likes or comments but to give my friends on Facebook a reminder, one I now share with you the beautiful soul reading this, that life is short. It can be made shorter due to illness or circumstance and that social media is making us all lazy as we can just "like each other's lives like it is contact. It is not. It is a cheap replica that makes us all lonely and feel our self worth is based around how many "friends" or "followers" we can gather.

So all I ask of you, whoever you may be reading this, is to do me a favour. Just one small favour. One you may thank yourself for in years to come. Pick up the phone and call that person you haven't spoken to for a while, pick up a pen and hand write some beautiful words of love and care to that family member you haven't seen or spoken to in months, or maybe years. Make an effort to really connect and reconnect with every person you have met, and will meet, from this day on because before you know it you could be too late. So take the time to tell somebody "I'm Glad You Exist".

2 comments:

  1. One of the nicest things someone has said to me on a bad day was "I'm glad you exist." I try to pay that forward when I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so lovely of them, I'm glad you pay it forward from that too.

      Thank you for commenting, so sorry I have only just spotted it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...