Friday 13 March 2015

Melbourne - ...I Knew We'd Get Along.

I can’t believe i have been in Melbourne over 2 weeks already, what a crazy couple of weeks! The city has kept me so occupied and there is so much to do. I had to land with my feet running as I had an interview the morning after getting back into the city and a trade test the following day but I must have done something right as I got a offer straight away and feel completely blessed that I did when I know so many people are struggling to find employment in the city. Everything just fell into place. I just knew Melbourne and I would get along even before coming back to the city.
I managed to meet up with friends who I had met the previous time I was in Melbourne back when I first arrived in Australia and enjoy my first week back in the city safe in the knowledge I had a job to start and an income that would be coming in soon and my friend Sara became my guide for all things cool to see and do (and drink) in Melbourne. The city really should pay her to do that, she just knows where to go and what to do. It was great to have some downtime post farm as well before heading to do some training and Salon Melbourne before starting work on the Monday.

Melbourne has just been so diverting, relaxed and friendly. I instantly clicked with the girls in my house met so many amazing people through Sara (Laura, Christina and Gracie I am looking at you) and feel like I have known my new work colleagues for ages which has made it a great start back into working life after not being employed for over 6 months! Crazy. I certainly felt like I stumbled when I first started back, I am clearly still the wannabe perfectionist I was before with hairdressing and for the first few days went home feeling tired, frustrated and underwhelmed with my performance to the point I sat at night wondering why I had even been employed as I felt so disappointed with myself and constantly second guessed myself at work. Then on my 4th day in the job i was so busy and had not time to second guess myself and felt like I had got my groove back.

With my first week of work over I spent my long weekend off work enjoying Melbourne and its festivals, both Moomba on Saturday evening and Future Music on Sunday, and having lazy mornings in bed. Melbourne is capturing my heart in a big way and with a flat to find for a more comfortable solution to my living arrangements and some big decisions about my future to consider I am sure I will have a few questioning days coming to me. For now I will take each day as it comes and just enjoy the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...