Saturday 10 January 2015

Relfections: 4 Months

After 4 months in Australia and almost 6 weeks on a farm in South Australia I have finally learned how to relax, a trait I am hoping I will continue to have when I leave the farm. I've always been an all or nothing kind of girl and in all the excitement of exploring I definitely started to burn the candle at both ends. Over the Christmas period I checked myself and demanded I relax a bit more.
My first Christmas period away from home was, surreal. I don't want to say hard because it hasn't been really, it just hasn't felt like Christmas with all the warm weather we had but it was a little somber not being able to spend the time with my family. I think I got more torn up thinking about my family back home eating around our dining table and my chair being empty. New Years was something a bit special to be able to be on the beach watching the fireworks go off was an amazing feeling, especially with just being in jeans and a tee at midnight. It reminded me how fortunate I am to be able to experience these moments and I still feel incredibly blessed to be living my dream.

I have been fondly looking back on my time travelling so far and contemptating the future a lot during this last month. With lots of phone calls and messages to friends I met on the road and lots of evenings brainstorming what I would like to do. Also time to think about where I want to take my blog as after 4 months I now feel it is time to progress my blog further and elevate my content more. It has been running over 6 months now and it is crazy to even think that, I have always wanted to develop it into something more than just mindless dribblings about where I have been and what I have done, it is now just time to take some steps to doing that.  Who knows where the next 4 months will take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...