Tuesday 16 September 2014

Melbourne - Eureka Skydeck



I took myself to Eureka Skydeck 88 yesterday as I always love seeing cities from different perspective and I am a bit of a sucker for a good view. After Top of the Rock in NYC and The Shard in London Eureka seemed like an obvious choice and at $19.50 is more reasonably priced than The Shard and Top of the Rock.

The viewing deck is on the 88th floor with a 360 degree view of the city. The outer windows on one part of the viewing deck is actually gold plated! I chose to go for the 'golden hour' and stay for sunset until I needed to go meet my friend. Sunsets seem to happen really quickly here and within 20 minutes the sun had dipped below the clouds on the skyline and vanished and even in the Skydeck you can feel the temperature change when the sun goes. 

There are lots of seats to perch on and a small coffee vending area, though I feel it may have been a bit overpriced. They also have an experience called 'The Edge' where you are suspended out of the building and they have a clear floor so you can see 88 floors down, not for the faint hearted. I didn't do this it if I go back I may consider it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...