Tuesday 22 July 2014

Brave...



"To travel is worth any cost or sacrifice." 
- Elizabeth Gilbert


Sometimes I'm not sure that I know what I have really gone and done. I've been called brave by a few people for booking this trip, I don't feel brave though. I'm not sure I really feel much about this trip yet, I suppose it hadn't really sunk in and I don't think it will until either my last day of work or I am actually sat on the plane (or possibly when I am actually there?).

I'm still daydreaming about all the fantastic places I am going to visit and all the places I can visit if I can get myself set up with a job and feel happy in Australia. I'm looking forward to meeting all the people I am going to meet; I hear the Aussies are really friendly so I’m not worried there. I think the only thing I'm not looking forward to is leaving my family behind as they have generally been my partners in crime on holidays but most of them have said they will come out and visit me if I end up settling somewhere for a while.

To me I think the bravest thing I have done is quit my job (and tell my grandparents, I can’t tell you how nervous I was to tell them) especially knowing how tough it is on the job market in the UK at the moment it could be difficult to find something when I come back, though I will worry about that later.

On the countdown to my flight now. 7 weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...