Friday 14 November 2014

Reflections : 2 Months


The last two months have been fantastic travelling from place to place, meeting all kinds of wonderful people and having experiences that will last me a lifetime of stories and wonderful memories that I will cherish forever. 
Traveling down the East Coast of Australia in four weeks has been a bit of a rush but has given me an idea of places I would like to return to when I do it again. I have had fantastic hostels like Jackaroos in Mission Beach, where I have made friends with many like minded individuals, tragic experiences in Brisbane with room mates that kept me awake and were generally rude and the kindness of old friends from back home who gave me some reprieve from this with a place to stay, a decent meal and some light hearted fun. 

It's strange to now be looking at life differently as I sit in my hostel room in Sydney having spent a day sorting myself out for working life that the travelling chapter is over, for a little while at least. I really feel like I have settled into Sydney well and am looking forward to spending the summer here if I can get a job and a flat. It is also strange to think that Christmas is coming up and it will be my first away from home and my family. I only realised it was November when I entered the shopping malls in Sydney to trees that spanned three floors, Christmas music and more fairy lights that you could shake a stick at. 

Traveling at such a fast pace for so long has made me yearn for a place to put down roots for a little while and made me realise that when I do go back on the road more than 2 nights in some places would be well worth while. Travelling on someone else's time scale has also been difficult as sometimes you just want to stop and smell the roses for a while but they are pulling you on. It really makes you know yourself and what you are willing to put up with. Good Vibes Only.

I am going to miss my travel companions from then last 8 weeks so dearly. They became my family and I theirs. We had some of the best laughs, and yes their were arguments and disagreements but we always resolved our issues and came out smiling. They understand and well as I do that sometimes you just need your close friends there for you and sometimes you just need some alone time. I love you three and miss you dearly already.

Now it is time for a new chapter. Although the old one will be hard to let go of, I am still excited about what is just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...