Wednesday 17 September 2014

G Adventures - Day One 17-09-14


This morning I took off up the Great Ocean Road with my tour group from G Adventures. There is quite a mix of us in the group and different nationalities. We left Melbourne's high rises and bustle bright and early to make out way up to Bells Beach for our first stop of the day. Brett (our guide or CEO) told us all it is the beach where Point Break was filmed. For me it's probably the first proper beach I have stepped foot on for about 4 years with golden sand, crashing waves and surfers. 

The Great Ocean Road was built by soldiers after the First World War as a memorial to their fallen comrades and took over a decade to finish.

Our day was spent mainly stopping off at different places including the Great Ocean Road memorial arch, a park full of birds which would sit on your arms, shoulders and head and it was here that I saw my first Koala (ever and) in the wild and Apollo Bay where we stopped for lunch. 

After lunch was a walk through some beech rainforest where the Hobbit tree is, Koala spotting in Great Ottaway Eco Park, the 12 Apostles and Loch Ard gorge. The weather after lunch got very rainy and cold and so we all got blown about a bit. I think it may even have been much colder than England. Settled in Port Campbell for tonight before more adventure tomorrow. 

Excuse my photos I forgot to recharge my camera so they are all iPhone. Oops. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...